Sunday, February 12, 2012

Google Apps for Education

Love this! Students at our school board all have g-mail accounts and access to Google Apps.  What's not to love about Google?  Not much...kids never have to remember to 'save' their work on copy work onto a usb stick.  They can access documents or presentations they are working on from any computer- at school, at home...even CHINA if they had to!  The collaborative feature is another interesting aspect of this web tool.  Students don't have to get together to work on an assignment at a designated time and place.  They can work on the same document in different places (or times).  It even shows you who is editing the piece of work.  Google Presentations allows students to create powerpoint-like presentations that can include videos and links.  Again, it has the collaborative feature if kids are working with a partner or a group.  Google Apps are easy to use and relatively pain-free for the teacher.  You will never have to hear a kid whine "I thought I saved my work" or "Where is the file I saved on my stick?  I can't find it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bitstrips

More Bitstrips

No More?

No More?